It's Not A Ladder... That's For Damn Sure.
Entrepreneurship is NOT a Ladder. It's a Mountain.
A little Tuesday morning encouragement for you hustling out there. This journey isn't a ladder. If there's one thing I've learned in the past 7 years of owning my own business, it's that most of the time there isn't a simple, clear path to the next rung... It's a series of landslides, giant boulders blocking the path, and a deep valley on one side.
- Have the audacity to embrace the unknown, find another way, and then MAKE YOUR OWN PATH.
- Surround yourself with people on the climb, and rely on them for honesty and friendship.
- Learn from those who have gone before you, but know that their footsteps won't be your own. Their path will look much different, and that's OK.
- Admire the success of those around you, but don't envy it.
- Comparison will make you weak and angry. The success of your peers was paid for with the same blood sweat and tears that will bring yours if you lean in.
I'm speaking to myself as much as anyone else. May we make meaning with our lives today.